An "Eyebrow Shaped" Cornice Board with Stationary Panels

My client was very pleased with the window treatment I completed this morning. When I first met the couple they didn't have any window treatment on the windows other than some worn cellular shades with those tangling cords hanging down on each shade. Well, the problem was solved by going with Hunter Douglas Architella Cellular Shades using the "lite-rise" system on each shade in the bow window. Lite-rise is a cordless shade so there are no cords exposed when raising or lowering the shade.

I am fortunate to have a great program from "Minutes Matters" where I can do a rendering of a window treatment to show my client before placing the order. Below is a sketch of the window before it was complete.

This sketch gave my client a better visual of the project before hand. The program allows me to import all kinds of designs and dimensions according to the size of the window. It will also let me import the fabric that was chosen.  The final treatment is pictured below.

The fabric on the "eyebrow cornice" and the panels was a drapery weight from Mitchell Fabrics. The cornice board is edged with cording from Ado Corporation. This livingroom / diningroom area was such a pleasure to pull together. The client also took advantage of the federal tax credit of up to $1500.00 because they purchased the qualifying product, Architella Honeycomb shades.


This is a photo of another window, much smaller in size that was across the room. Overall the treatment was a nice tailored look that really softened the room.

1 comment: